Careers at GMP Securities, LLC
At GMP Securities, LLC, our continuing success and rapid growth is driven by our team of outstanding professionals. To attract the brightest and most talented people, we feel strongly that GMP Securities, LLC be more than just a place of work, but that it provide a spirited atmosphere for individuals to learn and grow. Our employees benefit from a close-knit working environment that rewards entrepreneurism and teamwork. Although we are a boutique-sized firm, as an industry leader, we provide first-rate experience and exposure in the high-yield, distressed debt, convertible and emerging markets industries. We offer excellent training, employee benefits and compensation packages commensurate with skills and experience.
We are looking for highly motivated, self-confident individuals who have strong analytical skills, excel in a challenging atmosphere, and who are excellent communicators.
If you are interested in a career opportunity with us, we encourage you to look though the available positions we have listed below and send us a cover letter and resume (directions below). We are constantly seeking talented individuals with previous work experience in high-yield, convertibles, emerging markets, distressed debt or related professions.
To apply for any position listed below, please send us a resume and cover letter. All inquiries will be held in strict confidence.
GMP Securities, LLC is currently seeking to fill the following positions:
Ideal candidates for sales positions will have a minimum of three years experience in institutional securities sales or trading as well as a proven track record that demonstrates their product knowledge, and ability to develop business and maintain client relationships. Strong working relationships with the institutional investment community are essential. Our sales executives are supported by the firm's proprietary market analysis and macro-economic research, recognized throughout the industry for its quality and depth of credit analysis and timely trading recommendations. We also provide excellent account availability. Listed below are some of the sales positions we are currently looking to fill at all of our office locations:
We take great pride in our reputation for providing independent and highly regarded securities analysis on specific issues and industries. We provide excellent training and an extraordinary team environment. All our research positions are based in our offices in New York City.
1. Latin American Corporates Analyst: Provide investment recommendations and conduct financial statement analysis of Mexican, Central American, South American and Caribbean corporate bond issuers. Create, maintain and analyze financial models and develop financial forecasts. Analyze credit quality, evaluate debt repayment capacity and perform various risk analysis including industry, financial, structural, credit and country risks. Write company reports. Strong proficiency in both English and Spanish required; Portugese a plus. MBA plus 2 years experience required.
2. High Yield Analyst: This position requires broad knowledge of high yield corporate bond and loan markets and the adjunct special situation equity market. A solid understanding of both financial statements and valuation is necessary, along with strong written and verbal communications skills.
3. Distressed Analyst (Law or Advisory Background): This specialist position is an opportunity for a first sell-side research position for a well-established lawyer or financial adviser to debtors and/or creditors in high profile corporate bankruptcies and reorganizations.
4. Convertible Analyst: Our research analysts help the firm to achieve its current excellence in institutional sales and trading of convertible bonds. We support investors with both outright and hedged convertible strategies, and hence need analysts with strong fundamental valuation skills and a strong facility with the practical and theoretical aspects of convertible arbitrage.
5. Research Associate: Our research associates are key to our efforts, and have the opportunity to gain rapidly in experience and responsibility. Research associate hires have included recent graduates of undergraduate programs in business or economics, as well liberals arts graduates with additional qualifying experience and demonstrated quantitative skills.
GMP Securities, LLC's College Graduate/Trainee Program:
If you are a recent college graduate, you may be an ideal candidate for GMP Securities, LLC's College Graduate/Trainee program. We provide intensive training and exposure for young people interested in careers in either sales or trading in high yield, distressed, cross-over, convertible and emerging markets. Our trainees benefit from being set up in unique mentoring relationships, in which they work hand-in-hand with experienced and knowledgeable senior professionals. These mentors not only provide working examples for their trainees, but they are also invaluable resources for providing advice, fostering growth and answering questions about the nature of our industry. Many graduates of our Trainee Program have gone on to more senior positions at GMP Securities, LLC, with several of our highest ranking leaders starting their careers in this fashion.
Experience and Trust
GMP Securities, LLC, through its predecessor company, Miller Tabak Roberts Securities, LLC ("MTR"), has built a reputation as one of the premiere boutique securities firms, helping institutional investors to generate returns through expert research, strategy and execution.
Click here to see why we are a leader in our markets worldwide.
Interested in our services?
GMP Securities, LLC ranks among Wall Street's preeminent research firms. Contact us to request research access, sales coverage or make other inquiries.